First of all, St. John's International School provides an English-language education based on Christian values, demands personal excellence and stimulates individual responsibility within a culturally diverse environment. St. John’s is also a caring environment where students are encouraged to reach their full potential, prepared to think globally, with a commitment to justice and challenged to act responsibly in a consistently changing society. We are an inclusive school, and welcome children of all nationalities, faiths and cultures.
We are an IB school throughout, with the Primary Years Programme in Elementary School, the Middle Years Programme in grades 6-10 and the Diploma Programme in grades 11-12. We are also the only school in Belgium offering Advanced Placement (AP) Courses.
The facts are that we have:
- a consistent track record for achieving high academic results;
- a comprehensive curriculum that is varied to cater for all students’ needs, but focuses primarily on the International Baccalaureate program - the most highly regarded international educational program of its kind in the world today;
- high quality math and science programs across the three school sections;
- fully bilingual English-French programs from Pre-Kindergarten through grade 5 (3-11 years of age), multiple levels of French in all grades and the option of doing the bilingual IB diploma;
- many other languages available, also for bilingual IB diplomas;
- made significant investments over the past twenty years in developing our campus, with the objective of giving our students the very best environment and facilities to work in;
- a very caring and welcoming community with 74% of St. John's families living within 10 kilometers of the school;
- a safe location, just outside Brussels, with tree-lined residential areas around the school;
- a visual and performing arts program and facility which many consider to be the best in Europe today;
- an athletics program that is regarded by many as one of the most comprehensive of any of the international schools in Belgium and one that is consistently ranked in the top 5 of international schools in Europe and the Middle East;
- a gated campus that provides a safe and secure environment for children to learn and grow.
This is what students, parents and staff say make St. John's a very special school (click on the image to enlarge):
Please come visit and see for yourself. We look forward to meeting you!
We invite you to make an appointment to visit us, without any obligation, to speak to teachers, students and parents and to join our community. To make an appointment, please contact the admissions office via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you.
Welcome to St. John's!